Hair transplants went wrong due to multiple reasons, which include failure of technique and failure of growth. In these cases, you have to go through the hair transplants again which will of course cost you more.
The article will help you know the hair transplant cost while re-doing it.
What is a hair transplant?
Hair transplants are a popular technique used by millions of men and women around the globe who are using it as a permanent solution for their hair loss. Hair transplant is a technique that is used to treat baldness, and hair fall, it is used to correct the front hairline. For women, it offers to grow more hair in the eyebrow area, as fuller and thicker eyebrows are in trend. For men, it offers beard transplants and sideburn treatments.
Types of hair transplants:
Hair transplants use many approaches or technique, they are as follow:
Follicular unit extraction (FUE):
Follicular unit extraction is a procedure, hair follicles are taken and transplanted to the bald area. These hair strands can be taken from any part of your body that has healthy hair and doesn’t suffer from hair loss. The technique is used to fill the bald areas of the scalp and front hairline. Local anaesthesia is used in this process, so the patient won’t feel any sort of pain.
The process doesn’t leave any scar, and the recovery time after this treatment is also very short. It takes some months before you start seeing the result.
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT):
Follicular unit transplantation is aprocedure in which hair follicles are taken from your scalp only along with the skin. This means a strip of your skin will be cut from the head and hair strands will be extracted from it, and then transplanted to the area which is suffering from baldness. The whole procedure is done under anaesthesia. It leaves a scar as it involves cutting, but the scar can be covered by the hair over it. The procedure takes a little more time in healing, but the results are amazing.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration therapy is a process that uses your own plasma. Platelets are the cells which cause the bleeding to stop and have other factors that promote the growth of hair.
The therapy works in 3 simple steps. Which starts by drawing blood, taking the platelet-rich plasma layers, and injecting it into the desired area. The machine which is used to spate the blood layers is known as a centrifuge. The process will promote thicker and fuller growth of hair.
It has no side effects as it uses your blood, so the chances of getting an infection after this treatment are almost none.
SMP (Scalp micropigmentation) hair restoration is a non-surgical procedure. It is a process that creates the illusion of short and fuller hair without transplanting any hair into the area. This is the process of tattooing hair, with the help of an SMP pen. Which is an electrical device. The ink used in this process is organic, so it won’t cause any irritation or infection. They look natural and one can’t tell the difference if they are tattooed or not.
It is advised to give your head a shaved look, so it will give a more realistic look.
Hair transplant cost:
Hair transplant cost depends on various factors. They are as follows:
· Depends on the clinic you are choosing. If it’s well reputed or not
· From which city, you are getting your treatment done. big cities cost more for these procedures
· From which doctor you are thinking to get your transplant done
· How many sessions are required to do your hair transplant
· How much bald area you want to cover with a hair restoration procedure
· And lastly, which hair restoration procedure is being used.
Hair transplants are expensive, but this is one-time money that will make you tension free for a long time. You don’t need to worry about the ways to hide your baldness. These procedures will help elevate your confidence.
People who opt for cheap surgeons often come to the well-reputed clinic to go through their hair transplantation process again. So, it is wise to choose the best doctor from the start who has both certification and experience.
Failed hair transplant:
The following are the reasons for failed hair transplants:
The implantation that is not done right will make your hair look fake and weird. These conditions include
· A hairline that looks unnatural, may be out of shape or too low.
· When the hair grafts or hair follicles are not placed properly. Too much space in placing those can make it look fake and ugly.
· When the hair follicles are not used properly and they are out of a defined line.
When your doctor doesn’t take care of the following things your hair transplant won’t show the results you desired to achieve:
· Hair follicles are very delicate that is why they need to be implanted as soon as they have been drawn out from your body.
· They are fragile and need to be taken care of.
· When they are not placed into a specific depth, the hair transplants fail.
· In a hair transplant, every single hair strand needs to be dealt with extra care and caution.
Repair procedure of a hair transplant:
When a doctor repairs your hair transplant, he will be able to
· Correct your hairline.
· Remove or cover the gap between your hairs.
· Correct the scars from the donor site of your body.
· They will add density to your hair.
· They may remove the hair follicles from the transplantation area and place them in the right position.
Hair transplantation is a process that covers up the bald area of your scalp and from where you are facing hair thinning issues. Hair transplants include many procedures like FUT, FUE, smart PRP, and SMP hair transplants. Hair transplant cost depends on various factors, like from where and whom you are getting your treatment done. If you are getting a repair procedure. The blog will guide you through everything you need to know about the repair procedure of a hair transplant.